- Meet one of the world’s first-ever humanoid service robots powered by cloud artificial intelligence, Sprint True Mobile 5G and proprietary vision-controlled grasping tech that enables it to perform many tasks
- The global leader in cloud AI architecture and robotics will introduce the XR-1 to guests at the Sprint exhibit – South Hall #1702
CloudMinds Technology Inc. will have its revolutionary XR-1 robot interact with guests at the Sprint exhibit (South Hall #1702) at Mobile World Congress Los Angeles, Oct. 22 to 24. XR-1 is one of the first-ever humanoid robots powered by cloud artificial intelligence, commercial Sprint True Mobile 5G and proprietary vision-controlled grasping technology for service robots that also leverages human operator input for constant learning.
“Overall, intelligent cloud robots paint the most vibrant picture of how 5G’s ultra-low latency, exponentially faster speeds and wider reach can dramatically improve response time and enable a new world of applications,” said Bill Huang, founder and CEO of CloudMinds. “With vision-controlled grasping and the ability to perform intricate tasks, the XR-1 simply raises the bar and lays the foundation for an even wider range of intelligent compliant cloud service robots from CloudMinds – from wheeled to two-legged form factors. We are proud to be ushering in a new era of helpful robots for homes and businesses, with an emphasis on the importance of human input.”
XR-1: Changing the Game in Cloud AI + Robotics
The XR-1 is a highly intelligent service-oriented humanoid robot, representing a new level of technology development and commercialization in the area of intelligent service robotics. A unique combination of groundbreaking technologies brings XR-1 to life:
- Intelligence in the cloud, collaboration with humans:
- Cloud Brain – HARIX (Human Augmented Robotics Intelligence with eXtreme Reality): CloudMinds’ unique Cloud Brain is the world’s premiere hybrid operating platform. Supervised by a human operator, the highly scalable system can host numerous robot “brains” simultaneously. Vision processing, natural language processing, robotic motion control, vision-guided grasping and manipulation are just some capabilities integrated organically into the platform.
- Nerve Network (Ultra-secure intranet): Mission-critical solutions require unprecedented levels of security for connections – from the chip to the cloud. CloudMinds’ Virtual Backbone Network (VBN) combines the power of high-performance, low latency fixed and mobile network technology; blockchain technologies; and more innovations to manage cloud robotics through connectivity that’s completely isolated from the internet, guaranteeing the ultimate level of security.
- Pioneering vision-controlled grasping technology:
- With proprietary Smart Compliant Actuator (SCA) technology that enables precision grasping capabilities, coupled with the Cloud Brain/HARIX platform, XR-1 can perform intricate tasks – from fist bumps, to needle threading, grasping objects and more.
- XR-1 has more than 30 proprietary smart joints built in its body, enabling it to perform precise movements and manipulations. Each robot body has a central control unit that controls all smart joints and sensors, and a robot controller that connects the robot to the Cloud Brain/HARIX platform through the secure Nerve Network.
To learn more about CloudMinds’ groundbreaking technologies and the deployment of cloud AI solutions with partners, or to schedule a briefing with CloudMinds executives at MWCLA.