Emphasizing the significance of global security landscape, the inaugural INTERPOL World 2015 has opened with international industry players from 34 countries.
Expecting some 8,000 police, law enforcement agencies, government officials and commercial buyers over three days from 14 to 16 April, the event is set to be one of the most important events for the security industry. The opening of INTERPOL World 2015 was officiated by Mr S. Iswaran, Minister, Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Home Affairs and Second Minister for Trade and Industry.
Owned by INTERPOL, the world’s largest international police organization, and supported by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore, INTERPOL World 2015 will provide industry stakeholders from the global public and private sectors with a strategic platform to congregate and chart new directions.
“INTERPOL World offers chances to network, ask questions to which there aren’t yet answers, learn about new advances being made in the field, and find future partners with whom to work,” said Jürgen Stock, Secretary General of INTERPOL. “This makes this event unique, and important for both industry and law enforcement.”
The inaugural INTERPOL World 2015 has attracted some 258 international players including solution providers from countries such as Australia, Germany, Israel, Japan, Sri Lanka, India, Sweden and Switzerland, will showcase a vast range of cutting-edge technological solutions that will address pertinent issues such as cybersecurity, public safety, surveillance, intelligence, forensics and investigations, counter-terrorism, and anti-counterfeiting.
A key highlight of the event is the seven national groups from Austria, France, Malaysia, Netherlands, USA, Israel and Singapore where they have gathered solution providers from their countries to showcase their best technological solutions.
- The Singapore contingent will comprise exhibitors such as Oneberry Technologies where their product, Oneberry Mobi-Cam, will provide real-time, reliable surveillance in critical areas, which require high level of security, and in remote areas without power support. Also within the Singapore national group is Treebox Solutions’ OnTalk®, which secures enterprises’ sensitive voice calls, conference calls, instant messaging, group messaging, SMSes and attachments.
- The Israel national group will see companies such as NICE Systems, an organization that provides valuable data to identify risks, enabling government agencies and enterprises to act at the right time. Detecting irregular patterns, recognizing trends and identifying threats is made possible by correlating data from multiple sensors and communication channels.
- The Netherlands contingent will comprise companies such as Coblue Cybersecurity, which develops secure and innovative software for increased cyber security. Its products include Coable, which assesses and improves the cybersecurity maturity of an organization, as well as Storro, which provides a user-friendly and highly secure way for (online) collaboration and document exchange. Storro facilitates encryption of all files and communication, revision management, real-time back-up, audit trails, and collaboration in a single integrated environment.
Alongside the trade exhibition is the INTERPOL World Congress, a knowledge sharing platform that facilitates in-depth discussions of challenges, solutions and best practices, between industry experts and INTERPOL and INTERPOL World 2015 Strategic Partners. Speakers that will be speaking across the three days include:
- Michael O’Connell, INTERPOL Director of Operational Police Support, for Border Management;
- Dr Madan Mohan Oberoi, Director, Cyber Innovation and Outreach, INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation, for Cyber Security;
- Anselm Lopez, Director, Capability Development and International Partnerships Directorate, International Cooperation and Partnerships Division, Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore, for Safe Cities;
- Michael Ellis, Assistant Director, Trafficking in Illicit Goods and Counterfeiting Sub-Directorate, INTERPOL, for Supply Chain Security;
- Kingsley Ejiofor, Deputy Director and Head of Legal Division, National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), for Supply Chain Security.
“INTERPOL World 2015 is and will become a critical platform for security professionals to come together to discuss world safer. This biennial gathering of the best in the security industry will propel us forward and allow us to be constantly ahead of the evolving nature of global security challenges”, said Mr Jack Chia, Executive Director, MP International.
He concluded, “We are honoured to have exhibitors and experts from around the world share their insights and revolutionary solutions at the inaugural INTERPOL World. We are confident that exhibitors and participants alike will leave this gathering with new ideas and perspectives which will help shape the global security industry.”
INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 190 member countries. The role of INTERPOL is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place. The high-tech infrastructure of technical and operational support from INTERPOL helps meet the growing challenges of fighting crime in the 21st century.
About INTERPOL World
INTERPOL World is a biennial trade event which promotes public private partnerships and serves as a business platform for security manufacturers and service providers to offer innovative security solutions to law enforcement agencies, government officials and security professionals from the commercial sectors. INTERPOL World creates an environment for public and private sectors to come together to identify, develop and drive security initiatives for real world security situations across four key domains: Cybersecurity, Safe Cities, Border Management and Supply Chain Security.
INTERPOL World is owned by INTERPOL and supported by Singapore’s Ministry of Home Affairs. The first INTERPOL World will take place in Singapore from 14-16 April 2015 and will be alongside the official opening of the INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation (IGCI) and the 22nd INTERPOL Asian Regional Conference. For more information, visit: www.interpol-world.com.